For Foundations and Philanthropy
Paul can free up your time by completing projects on schedule and producing results that meet and surpass your goals. Whether you’re overworked and understaffed or need some outside expertise to plan and execute a project to fruition, Paul can move your agenda forward and make your work easier.
- Paul can help you determine whether and how to engage his services through a free consultation.
- View Paul’s resume
1. Image Pieces: Case Studies, Profiles, and Articles
Paul excels in planning and writing image pieces that reinforce your strategic messages and showcase the work of your grantees through vivid storytelling. Paul’s recent work has profiled the accomplishments of the Open Society Institute’s Campaign for Black Male Achievement and helped Diversity in Philanthropy Project examine field-wide efforts to strengthen diversity through case studies he has planned, written, or edited.
- “How Are Foundations Communicating Their Work on Diversity?” is a case study published in November 2009 that Paul wrote for Diversity in Philanthropy Project and presented during a panel discussion for the Communications Network national conference in October 2009. For a blog entry Paul wrote for Communications Network that previewed the case study and his presentation, click here.
Contact Paul for a free consultation about strategizing or writing an image piece that presents your work.
2. E-Newsletters, Websites, and Social Media
Paul can also help your foundation or philanthropy improve its web presence. He has helped plan and write e-newsletters and web copy for The Minneapolis Foundation’s development department and professional advisor outreach. He also helped start up and design the Marginalized Males Funders Group’s first-ever e-newsletter.
- Read a recent issue of the Marginalized Males Funders Group e-newsletter, for which Paul serves as the managing editor and a contributing writer.
Contact Paul for a free consultation about how he can help you improve your e-publications, website, or social media presence (including blogs or facebook).
3. Paul Can Help You with Other Projects, Too
Reasearch and Reports: Among some of Paul’s other services are research and reports on program work and community initiatives. For an example, see a summary of research for The Minneapolis Foundation on a potential initiative to raise funds from communities of color.
Speeches and Presentations: Paul also writes speeches and group presentations. He recently wrote a speech for Renate Renee, the executive director of the Tinker Foundation, that she delivered at an international conference at the National Museum of Natural History in Washington, DC, commemorating the 50th anniversary of the Antarctic Treaty. Click for excerpts from the speech.
A full listing of Paul’s services includes:
- Case studies, profiles, and articles (writing, design, and strategy)
- E-newsletters, websites, and social media (writing, design, and strategy)
- Research and reports (including program, grant, and annual reports)
- Speeches and presentations
- Communications strategy
- Marketing strategy
- White papers
- Brochures and Briefings
- Organizational image pieces
- Fundraising (writing, design, and strategy)
- Grantwriting (writing, design, and strategy)
- Professional advisor outreach
Contact Paul for a free consultation about engaging his services for research and reports, speeches and presentations, or other projects.